Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Honey Hates My Shoes...


However.

There's this rule that if you're wearing something old (nowadays, fashionably speaking), you must balance it with something new.  So when settling on my vintage Lester Square for The Tog Shop dress (lookey there, a maker reference!), I really had no choice but to balance myself atop my most Jane Jetson-esques.

Supposedly, this particular dress is of the 80s era but it looks 60s to me (as to most everyone who's admired it.)  If I'd worn 60s in my 20s - and I wouldn't have because I wasn't cool like that - but if I had, I'm pretty sure it would have been more Peggy Sue does...(not get it.)  I'm talking bouffant, plastic beads, go-go boots. 



Speaking of go-go boots, I gotta get some of those!  And looking at pictures of Jane Jetson, how many pairs of go-go boots did she have anyway?!  Wait.  This may turn out to be thematic dressing after all!  Maybe I still don't get it.

But I am fairly certain I wouldn't have worn this dress back then regardless of its era.  What's next?  The 90s?  (The actual era of my 20s.)  I don't think so.

But then, who am I kidding?  It's become pretty obvious, even to me...if it's a dollar, I'll probably do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment