Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

It's Been A While

"Oh...my...gosh.  Oh my gosh," I said in a growly, gutteral, oh my gosh kind of way as I pulled the dress from the pile.

My friend gave a sideways glance.

"For real," I said.  "How lovely."

Crickets chirruping.

"Don't you think this is a beautiful dress," I finally asked.

Still, no verbal affirmation but I think her answer was in the raised eyebrow and pursed lips.  We talked then about how well the 60's polyester holds its color and the fact that I'd better not light a match.



I was in a quandary for whether to wear it now, as we ease into the fall fashion season, or wait till the more springy season when the colors might make more sense.  I knew that "now" would require one of those "completer piece" things and then I remembered the pea green top thing.  I found it a couple of months ago and knew instantly that it was not for me. The fit, the color ~ I'm pretty sure that infant poo has never been the It color (but I kept it, just in case.)


...and then I sprained something.




So there are plenty of reasons for me not to have worn this.  Truth is, though, it's been a while since I
was this inspired by my ensemble, and that, seriously, should be one of our guiding factors when assembling a wardrobe.  Don't ya think?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Totally rockin' the infant-poo green! ;)

    Seriously, I think it's a great ensemble, and given the way summer tends to linger in our climate until, what would you say ... November? ... the colors and florals are still perfectly appropriate. :)

    Rock on, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete